
At PR Real World I talked to a representative from Central Atlanta Progress for quite a while. I learned what all the company was about, and I found out that they have a summer internship program that sounded perfect.
The company helps downtown Atlanta to become more tourist-friendly and generally better economically by coming up with ways to dissuade panhandlers and graffiti. According to their website they are:
"a private nonprofit community development organization providing leadership, programs and services to preserve and strengthen the economic vitality of Downtown Atlanta"
Since then, I have been attempting to keep in touch with the woman I talked to for so long at Real World but not with the intention of taking the internship. My summer is already packed with classes, Africa, Editor's Conference and The Colonnade, but I figured she might be a good contact for next summer.
That was until this weekend when I receive an e-mail from the woman asking if I am still interested in the position, and if I am still interested, I need to send in a resume and cover letter by Wednesday.
The best way I feel I could deal with this situation is to e-mail her back, with resume and cover letter attached, explaining my situation. I am going to tell her that if the company is willing to let me work with them during May and June as an unpaid intern (the original internship pays a $500 stipend) to learn about the company. That way, after I graduate next May, I will have a leg up on the everyone else applying for the internship.
Any other suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment