^This blog post is about me, so why not give you a little something visualize the whole package.He's given a few categories to judge yourself under: writing, commuication skills, attention to detail, media relations, proactiveness and work ethic. For you — especially if you are someone looking for a fresh new intern for summer of 2010 — I've listed here how I feel I embrace a few of these qualities.
Writing: Hard news is my way. Writing for a newspaper for a while has made me realize that I thoroughly enjoy writing hard news, as opposed to featurey articles. This works well with my PR career because writing a press release is basically writing hard news story, but only having to get quotes from people in the business. Writing a catchy phrase or two, here and there, never hurt either....
Communication skills: Currently working on this one. Externally, I'm cultivating sources that I will be contacting throughout the year writing for The Colonnade. Internally, I'm running a newsroom that requires a internally communication through and through. Making sure photographers are talking to writers who are are talking to editors who are talking to copy editors is all part of my job.
Attention to detail: I'm convinced the the reason I'm the editor of The Colonnade is because of my honest ability to be anal — especially at 5 a.m. We usually finish working on the paper in the wee hours of the morn' so I typically have to look over the entire paper to ensure nothing is printed that could cost me my job, or worse yet, GCSU its student newspaper. The little libelous words are where my "attentions to detail" are focused.
No comments:
Post a Comment