Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Full Pitch Count


The PR campaign my PR Campaigns class is calling for some major event planning. I my original reason for jumping into the PR major was because in high school I loved planning events. I was always on prom committee or helping delegate jobs for homecoming activities. Now I'm learning that I'm not in high school anymore and school-dance preparations for the weak. Senior-year PR-major event planning is such a big step up, it's like your skipping two. 
Crafting a campaign for the CW's 90210 and Melrose place teaches not only how to communicate with a group, overcome setbacks, keep a good mindset, but also how to plan the simplest details. 
Thoughts of a murder mystery dinner excited our group because of the originality. Given that our target audience entails majority of the females on GCSU campus, we wanted to give them something that we, as GCSU females, would get us energized. Sign-age for many campus events becomes visually monotonous, and people rarely notice flyers that continue to offer the same kinds events that happen repetitively. 
To jazz up the flyer scene, not to mention the event schedule of the campus, we're having people come act a part  in the show. By contributing to one particular character, we feel that we're encouraging attendees to watch the show, even if just to see how well they played their part. Who doesn't want to know how their acting looks compared to a national show? 

1 comment:

  1. Claire! I love the wording of this! Please, oh, please save it for our pitch! LOL

    ReplyDelete