Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kashi watches itself

For Robert Lee's Principle's of PR class we had to come up with a new product for an existing company and to build a PR plan for it. My group chose to come up with a cereal for the Kashi company. While we were researching facts about the company I registered as a user of their website with my email address. I received a confirmation email or two right off the bat, but nothing overbearing. Since then, my inbox hasn't seen the likes of the Kashi company.
This morning I checked my MyCats to find an email from my long lost Kashi friends. It listed  general facts about the company and what is going on internally– showing the "internal communication" we learned about so long ago. It also described the products the company is recalling due to the peanut contamination. 
Here is the opening line to the email:

Here at Kashi, we consider our consumers family. That's why we're taking a proactive postion on the peanut product recall and recommending the following steps to protect your health and that of your families.

I felt so "in the know" when I knew they were watching their internal communications from my PR classes. The wording in the rest of the email's content was worded in a PR fashion.
To learn more about Kashi and the products they've recalled click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment