
Even though I managed to weasel my way out of doing an internship this summer, I still managed to gain a bit of public relations experience while I was in Africa. The small non-profit that I went through, Make a Difference Now, gave me the opportunity to use what I’ve learned in class. Founder of Make a Difference Theresa Grant worked with me to make a public relation campaign for a hopeful internship program she plans to start this fall.
All of the orphans that I worked with over the summer attend a small private school called The Royal Junior School. In an effort to continue helping them while I’m in America, I volunteered to make the seasonal newsletter for the school. Currently, I have made the summer issue, but the fall’s is a work in process.
On a different note, I also updated/remade the Mass Communication Alumni Newsletter, The Highlighter. My newspaper design class I took last fall made the basic layout, but I shifted some blocks around and made some new graphics for the current copy to make it up to date. It took a good amount of my time in June to pull all the copy, art and design together, but it turned out looking mighty spiffy, if I do say so myself. I used InDesign for layout and the Mass Comm Department put it on their website using issuu.com. Issuu is a great site for showcasing PDFs. The Colonnade started using it for the PDFs of the paper too.
No comments:
Post a Comment